Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If A Mole Hurts
Mole: A painful mole may have been rubbed or caught on something. However, any painful or itchy symptoms should be evaluated by a dermatologist as these signs could indicate a skin cancerous change in some cases. ...Read more
Tough one: That's a tough one. How are you defining a mole and how is it different from a spot? You should be concerned about a mole that has irregular borders, a change or variety of colors, and a size greater than that of a pencil eraser. If in doubt, get it checked out! ...Read more
Have it biopsied.: Moles can be dangerous especially if their is a family or personal history of skin cancers like melanoma, history of sunburns over the years, moles with different colors within it, have an irregular border, or are itchy and/or have bled. Moles larger than 6mm also need to be evaluated. Please see your doctor and if any of the lesions need a biopsy then it can done. Better to replace a mole with a scar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if a mole itches and hurts?
- If a mole hurts does it mean its cancer
- What does it mean if you feel a pulse in your stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Significance of a mole turning black
- What does it mean if your ovaries hurt?
- What does it mean if you bleed and cramp a little bit after sex?
- What does it mean when the ovary on the right side of a woman hurts?
- Talk to a dermatologist online