Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean By Positive To Anti Double Stranded Dna
Hello. I have a positive double stranded DNA test result (anti-dna (ds) ab qn of 29 with positive being above 9. Ana is negative, what can this mean?
No: That result is negative.Get a more detailed answer ›
My double stranded DNA is 6 which is "indeterminate" what does "indeterminate" mean when it comes to this test?
How common is it to get a false positive for lupus while pregnant. I also have hashimotos got a + double stranded DNA very high ?
Not enough data: The diagnosis of luppus is made on the basis of clinical signs and symptoms confirmed by specific lab tests including the dna antibody. This antibody can also be positive in other auto immune diseases. Since you did not mention symptoms, there is no way to answer your question. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Would bloods for autoimmune screen ANA double stranded DNA ENA anca still show positive if there had been an autoimmune response even 6 years ago?
See below: You also have to take in account that these panels frequently have false positives and assays vary from lab to lab. It is has been estimated that up 30% of all anas drawn are false positives. Only your doctor or your rheumatologist can interpret these results in context with your history and symptoms. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I had a positive ana, double stranded dna, and I believe smith's antibodies. I also had a butterfly rash at the time. Besides lupus, what could it be?
Probably Lupus: A butterfly rash is often seen with lupus, but could also been seen with vitamin deficiency disorders like pellagra or connective tissue disases like dermatomyositis. However, the positive ANA and smith's antibodies most likely indicate it is lupus. You should see your physician to be properly diagnosed. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to have a bad pain on my side by my ribs?
- What does it mean to test positive for malaria antibody?
- What does it mean to be mildly positive to ischemia?
- What does it mean to test positive for mumps virus?
- What does it mean to test positive for the igg antibody to rubella virus?
- What does it mean to have a positive blood type?
- What does it mean to have o positive blood type?
- What does it mean to test positive for hpv?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free