Doctor insights on:
What Does It Feel Like To Pass A Kidney Stone
Severe flank pain: Lucky if only moderately painful, sharp, stabbing & can be continuous, can be agonizing. Women who have given birth & had kidney stones report that kidney stone pain is worse. Pain can radiate round from back & into groin. ...Read more
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Here are some ...: While a kidney stone passing and reaching the very end of the ureter, the patient may alter how s/he urinates and thereby feel some degree of urinary hesitancy. Besides, superimposed infection with cystitis may induce urinary urgency and frequency. Otherwise, kidney stone alone will not affect how you urinate. More? Ask Urologist timely in detail. ...Read more
Yes u can. : Pain from kidney stones usually occurs as the stone passes through the narrow ureter (tube between kidney and bladder). Once it drops into the bladder there is not much pain. Because the urethra (tube from the bladder to the outside) is larger than the ureters the stone is usually passed easily and without much notice. ...Read more
Solutes precipitate and combine to form stones formed of calcium oxalate usually around a nidus of uric acid. Other solutes that form stones are ca and mg phosphates, cystine, and uric acid staghorn calculi form in the presence of chronic urinary tract infections. Stones can be painful, may require ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone for a woman?
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone in men?
- What does a passed kidney stone look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does it feel like to have a kidney stone?
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like?
- Kidney infections and kidney stones
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free