Doctor insights on:
What Does Hydrogen Peroxide Do To Hair
Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is hair bleach & is usually 6 to 10% H2O2. It breaks down melanin in the hair shaft. It also damages the hair shaft which can lead to hair breakage. Repeated contact with H2O2 can kill hair follicles with hair loss and possible balding. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you tell me if it's healthier to use a hydrogen peroxide water solution to lighten hair instead of bleach?
Probably not...: Peroxide has been safely used in tooth bleaching products for many years. However, don't forget, hydrogen peroxide is very reactive and should only be used for very limited usage in the mouth. Daily application in the mouth is probably not a good idea. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
This would not...: Be a good primary treatment for eczema because of his drying effect. I will have patients use it sometimes in the ear canals where there is a fungal infection and also eczema. As soon as the fungus is cleared the peroxide is discontinued and the eczema is treated differently. ...Read more
Instead of giving : You recipes to die by, i want to focus on why you might feel the need to drink hydrogen peroxide. Do you want to harm yourself or to die? With help your life can improve. If you are having thoughts of killing yourself now, please have a friend or relative drive you to the emergency room. If you need to call 911 for help do so. You can use national suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does hydrogen peroxide do to human hair?
- How does hydrogen peroxide bleach hair?
- Bleach hair with hydrogen peroxide
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What will peroxide do to human hair?
- Does hydrogen peroxide help gingivitis?
- Does hydrogen peroxide remove cavities?
- Does dettol contain hydrogen peroxide?
- Talk to a dermatologist online