Doctor insights on:
What Does Hpv Look Like On Men
Can men be treated to get rid of of HPV like women do? How? What treatment should they go through? What needs to be done? Surgery?!
Is there any way to screen for HPV infection, especially HPV-16 infection in men in the U.S.? Like a PCR test or some other way my doctor can do this?
Not worth it: Tony, I'm proud you want to be a responsible lover. Take the HPV injection series instead. Some tests are available but nobody knows what to do with the data. Would you forgo a loving relationship because you do, or do not, have HPV-16 on board? What man would do that? You'll keep an eye out for lesions regardless. If you're not going to do anything different, don't to the test. Make sense? ...Read more
Most are benign: Over 120 different types of hpv. Different types infect different parts of body. Most are harmless, easily treatable and not precancerous. Some produce warts that are easily seen and others growths that are nearly invisible. Types 16 and 18 account for vast majority of cervical cancers. Type 16 has been linked to oral cancer. Contact spreads the virus.Sexual contact spreads types 16, 18 and others. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Self cure in most: Most men get over the infection on its own; however, there is no known treatment to eradicate the infection in those who have persistent infection. See this site for more information on this topic. http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv-and-men.htm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does hpv look like on a man?
- What does hpv look like on a female?
- What does chlamydia look like on men?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does hpv in men look like?
- What does a boil on the vagina look like?
- What does an ovarian cyst look like on ultrasound?
- What does ringworm look like when you first get it on your arm or leg?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free