Doctor insights on:
What Does Homeostasis Do To The Nervous System
Depends: There are many systems in the body that need to be regulated. For instance, if blood pressure goes too high you can stroke; if there is too much cholesterol, you can stroke or get nerve damage. If the immune system is not under control, the brain and nerves can be damaged. If you have vitamin deficiencies or excess, the nerves and the brain could be damaged, etc. ...Read more
Thats a big question: That's a big question that people dedicate their lives to study and find out. All the systems are important in "homeostasis". Narrowing which "homostasis" to a single function or a specific organ may allow a more specific explanation; but still lots and lots of effects. ...Read more
What will happen to the body's nervous systems & endocrine systems if homeostasis is not maintained?
Dysregulation: If homeostasis is completely lost, the body's nervous system and endocrine system would both become dysregulated. You could see all kinds of metabolic and acid-base problems, with altered mental status (delirium, hallucinations, etc) plus blood pressure changes and more. Thankfully, the body knows exactly how to respond to various conditions, so that homeostasis is dynamic, not static. ...Read more
Depends: If the endocrine system is not maintained well, hormones start to be disrupted, various things can happen. Depending on the hormone you can have weight gain, loss of muscle, increase in inflammation, fatigue, poor sleep. This all starts the process towards dis-ease which eventually if not stopped leads to disease. Integrative medicine works on balancing the body at all times. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tolerance: The GI tract is tolerant of food antigens, and mounts a response to infections. ...Read more
WebMD: See webmd for a thorough discussion. Not enough room in this forum. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does homeostasis do in the respiratory system?
- How does homeostasis relate to the nervous system?
- Nervous system and endocrine system maintain homeostasis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the cardiovascular system maintain homeostasis?
- How does the circulatory system help maintain homeostasis?
- How does the immune system maintain homeostasis?
- How does the digestive system maintain homeostasis?
- Talk to a neurologist online