Doctor insights on:
What Does Homeostasis Do In The Respiratory System
WebMD: See webmd for a thorough discussion. Not enough room in this forum. ...Read more
Hows does the cardiovascular system and the respiratory system work together to maintain homeostasis?
Beautifully: Your body uses oxygen for fuel and produces carbon dioxide as waste. These gases circulate in the blood, which is pumped by the heart to the lungs (and the rest of the body). In the lungs, oxygen you breathe in enters the blood, while carbon dioxide leaves the blood and enters the air you breathe out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get oxygen to blood: Respiration is the process of bringing oxygen into the lungs and exhaling carbon dioxide out of them. Once inside the lungs, the oxygen crosses cell membranes to get into the blood stream. The blood circulates the oxygen to the rest of the body including the brain which cannot function without it. Carbon dioxide is the waste product of well functioning cells and is also carried back by the blood. ...Read more
Keep air sacs open: Surfactants, which are made by the body and are also available as a medication for babies who are deficient in them (usually premie), coat the inside of the tiny air sacs in the lung and keep them open when you exhale. Just like a collapsed balloon is hard to inflate, a collapsed air sac is hard to open. When it doesn't close completely, it's easier to open with the next breath. ...Read more
Lungs: The lungs are vital to our breathing. There are many ways to diagnose problems with them and to treat the problems. See you physicain for a diagnosis and treatment plan. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does homeostasis do to the nervous system?
- Respiratory system maintain homeostasis
- Homeostasis and the respiratory system
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does asthma do to the respiratory system?
- What does each part do in the respiratory system?
- What does the larynx do in the respiratory system?
- What does the respiratory system do for the body?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free