Doctor insights on:
What Does High Wbc Mean
Viral: Elevated lymphocyte count is usually associated with a viral process. ...Read more
See below...: Many times that indicates an infection or other inflammatory state but other explanations are possible including more serious diseases, therefore you should discuss these results with your doctor. ...Read more
Concerning: The absolute neutrophil count of around 700 is very worrisome and unless your physician already knows the cause, a work up is in order. If you are taking any meds, even "natural herbal" stuff (which may not be what it is supposed to be), consider stopping. ...Read more
Lymphocytosis: You have an absolute lymphocytosis. Multiply the white count by the lymphocyte percentage. In your case 20, 000 x .67=13, 400. Any lymphocyte count over 5, 000 is an absolute lymphocytosis. It needs to be evaluated by a hematologist. One would consider a cheonic lymphocytic leukemia. But the first thing to do is repeat the test. Lab error? If not, you need peripheral flow cytometry. ...Read more
Low neutrophils: Your white count is low because your absolute neutrophil (granulocyte) count is low. I am trusting you do not have lupus or a big spleen from liver disease, rheumatoid arthritis or gaucher's. Some folks' neutrohils don't get counted by machines -- looking at the smear helps. You list no meds to cause it. Some folks, especially of african descent, have a harmless hereditary low neutrophil count. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does high wbc count mean?
- What does a high wbc level mean?
- What does high wbc mean in blood work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a high sgpt level mean?
- What does it mean if i have high neutrophil and low lymphocyte and monocytes?
- What does a high absolute neutrophil count mean?
- What does a high albumin level mean?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free