Doctor insights on:
What Does High Rdw Mean
Thanks for asking!: Rdw stands for red blood cell distribution width, which is a measured parameter in a CBC test. High RDW value indicates greater variation in rbc size. This may be associated with iron deficiency anemia, folate/b12 deficiency anemia, mixed deficiency, recent hemorrhage, ...Etc. ...Read more
Size variation: It means nothing by itself; plus, hopefully you know that all lab reference ranges are set so that a few percent of healthies fall outside on either end. Early iron deficiency raises RDW before anemia begins but often it's up for no apparent reason. Mine's usually high because I donate blood. Don't worry about it. ...Read more
MCH is high (39.8pg) MCHC is high (376g/l) and RDW is low (10%) - MCV is normal (90.6fL) - what could this mean?
Mixed bag: High GFR ---the kidney function is better than normal. If from a 24 hour urine over collection. If not, and this is from blood work, diabetes with kidney disease causing the globulin (kidney filters) to overwork or pregnancy. Rdw--nothing to worry unless anemic or too many rbcs. High creatinine-- kidney disease, excessive protein intake, bactrim/tagamet use, dehydration. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does low mch and high rdw mean?
- What does a high rdw mean in blood work?
- What does high rdw labs mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does high rdw count mean?
- What does a high rdw blood count mean?
- What does high rdw in blood test mean?
- Blood tests rdw high what does it mean
- Talk to a hematologist online for free