Doctor insights on:
What Does High Pressure Mean On A Ventilator
Occlusion: The high pressure alarm means there is an occlusion somewhere along the system of tubes that lead to the air sacs in the lungs. High pressure can be caused by the patient biting the endotracheal tube, secretions plugging the tube or the airways, bronchspasm, and many other causes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
many things: Many things can cause high pressure alarm to sound on the ventilator, including secretions in the tube or lungs, pt fighting ventilator (trying to breathe out when ventilator is pushing air in), pt biting on tube, poor lung compliance, poor chest wall compliance. ...Read more
What to do if I have high pressure readings, does this automatically mean What to do if I have glaucoma?
Ocular hypertension: Some people have elevated eye pressures and never develop glaucoma. This is call ocular hypertension. Treating patients with very high pressures has been shown to decrease the risk of developing glaucoma damage. If you have glaucoma--nerve damage with vision loss- you will be treated with drops to lower pressure. ...Read more
It depends: If it is very high and more than 100, this may be diastolic hypertension. You want to see a doctor to get checked. ...Read more
What does it mean if the top number is high on a blood pressure reading but not the bottom number?
Systolic htn: The top number high is systolic hypertension means need anti inflammatory meds - take essential fatty acids and lower red meat will reduce bp. ...Read more
Stiff Vessels: Firstly, the most common scenario is inaccurate measurement. But if that's not the case, it could indicate stiff arteries. There are, however, many explanations. If this is a regular finding, talk to your cardiologist about it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if a high pressure alarm sounds on a mechanical ventilator?
- What does high plt mean on a blood test?
- What does a high mch value on my cbc results mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a high blood pressure mean?
- What does a brown spot on my white part of the eye mean?
- What does a high sgpt level mean?
- What does a high absolute neutrophil count mean?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free