Doctor insights on:
What Does Herpes Feel Like
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Varies: Herpes of the genital area can just be a reddened area but classically is a small group of clear blisters. This area is paiful, tingles and can get crusty. It is like a fever blister (only it is not a fever blister). Usually clinically diagosed but can absolutely be diagnosed if cultured and positive. Practice safe sex or you will continue to get the gift that keeps on giving! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Herpes: Before a cold sore appears the area will sometimes tingle, feel slightly raised and may appear red and inflamed. This pain or tingling sensation is called the prodrome (or warning symptom) and typically occurs 1 to 2 days before the cold sore appears. A cold sore generally appears as a small, fluid-filled blister which goes through a cycle of phases. The lesions will last for 8-10 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it feel like to have herpes?
- What does a herpes outbreak feel like?
- What does herpes look and feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does pancreatitis feel like?
- What does a rash feel like?
- What does gerd feel like?
- What does lice feel like?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free