Doctor insights on:
What Does Hardening Of The Arteries Signal
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
At the skullbase: there is presence of signal void in carotid and basilar arteries at the level of skull base. What does this mean?
Brain MRI says satisfactory intraluminal signal is noted in distal carotid vertebral and basilar arteries. Unremarkable brain MRA. What does this mean?
Normal vessels.: means normal vessels.Get a more detailed answer ›
NO: Not likely.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes IVUSorCarotidUS: Arterial disease typically begins in childhood, is within artery walls (not openings), thus angiograms ; especially stress tests do not detect. Best examine wall of arteries. The most effective is ivus: intravascular ultrasound. But this is complex, invasive ; expensive using catheters, guide wires ; blood contrast agents. Less effective alternative: high quality us from outside of larger arteries. ...Read more
Yes for sure: Hardining of the arteries make the blood flow slower to certain area of the brian, which could lead to behaver changes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hardening of the arteries
- What is a healthy diet if you have hardening of the arteries?
- What does hardening of the lungs mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Foods that combat hardening of the arteries
- How to treat hardening of the arteries?
- L arginine hardening of the arteries
- Vitamin c hardening of the arteries
- What does hardening of the arteries mean?