Doctor insights on:
What Does Excessive Swelling Feet Mean When Your Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Swelling: Swelling in the feet is a common problem of pregnancy. Physicians used to associate it with pre-eclampsia, but it occurs in too many women who don't have pre-eclampsia to be a sign of pre-eclampsia. It's probably caused by the increased blood volume and changes in the blood biochemistry that occur during pregnancy. ...Read more
Swelling: Pressure on the inguinal veins from the growing fetus puts pressure on the veins and makes a backlog into the lower extremities and feet. ...Read more
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your feet are burning?
- What does it mean when your feet are numb?
- What does it mean when your feet are swollen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your hands and feet swell?
- What does it mean when your hands and feet tingle?
- What does it mean when your hand and feet are always cold?
- What does it mean when your hands feet are always cold?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online