Doctor insights on:
What Does Enlarged Labia Mean
Varies: There is a branch of cosmetic plastic surgery dealing with labia that are enlarged. This is probably an issue in the mind of women discovering this and wanting what to their minds is a more pleasing cosmetic appearance. Men largely have no issue with this either way; there is a sub set of men who actually prefer that appearance and would be disappointed if altered. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Normal: Skin, when pushed together can stick. It is normal. ...Read more
Veins: The veins under our skin carry de-oxygenated blood and under skin can look blue or purple. We do have veins in our labia so this could be what you are seeing. Sometimes purple color means that there's a blockage or constriction of some kind, but i don't think that's the case with your labia. If you're worried, see your doctor for an exam. Best of luck! ...Read more
Many variations...: It doesn't really mean anything. There are many sizes and shapes. its normal variation. If the labia minora are extremely long, to the point that they interfere with intercourse, or prevent wearing a bathing suit, they can be surgically shortened. Best wishes! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your labia is enlarged?
- What does a darker labia mean?
- What does it mean when a labia minora is inflamed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when labia is swollen?
- What does a enlarged liver mean?
- What does enlarged kidneys mean?
- What does an enlarged heart mean?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free