Doctor insights on:
What Does Diverticula Look Like
Colon disease: Diverticulae in the colon are small "holes" in the wall of the bowel, in essence little pockets in the lining of the colon. They interfere with the normal function of the colon and sharp food stuffs like nuts and seeds can be trapped in them, which can lead to bleeding and infections. Uusally treated by improving dietary intake of fiber, fluids and exercise. ...Read more
Are outpouchings...: I'm assuming you mean colonic diverticulosis--a permanent outpouching of the colon lining. Diverticular complications include: inflammation (diverticulitis), bleeding, fistulas, perforation. Only surgery can remove diverticulosis (by removing the involved segment of colon), but adding more fiber to your diet can help prevent formation of new diverticular pockets. When inflammed, antibiotics help. ...Read more
If i recently had a full body pet scan and it detected diverticula, but nothing else, do I still need to do a colonoscopy?
Yes: He would most likely have seen it via direct visualization. ...Read more
I had a utereroscopy a couple days ago & it showed a stone in the calyceal diverticula. No stone was removed. Please explain. Can it be left alone?
Depends: More information is needed. Discuss it with your urologist. I am sure he or she would be glad to explain based on your findings. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does discharge look like before your period?
- What does a boil on the vagina look like?
- What does fertile and quality sperm look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does cervical mucus look like before period?
- What does an ovarian cyst look like on ultrasound?
- What does the skin rash look like from west nile virus?
- What does ringworm look like when it starts?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online