Doctor insights on:
What Does Cyproheptadine Have To Do With Appetite
I have heard people take Apetamin Cyproheptadine to increase appetite for weight gain. Is this a relatively safe way for weight gain?
Dihydropyradine/anti: They are not really structurally relatedGet a more detailed answer ›
Could be several but: It depends why you are taking it...This is an antihistamine which helps itching. But, it can make you sleepy, or even hungry(sometimes given to increase appetite). There are several over the counter anti-histamines(which you to be available only by prescription) which are very helpful --allegra, zyrtec, claritin. Read the labels and see if they help you. If not check with the dr. Who prescribed it. ...Read more
Hives: Cyproheptadine (aka periactin) is an older antihistamine that is often used to control chronic hives, especially hive caused by exposure to heat a condition called cholinergic urticaria. This antihistamine commonly causes drowsiness, slowed reaction times and weight gain. In fact, it has been used, at times, as an appetite stimulant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How hard is it to get cyproheptadine? Use to use years ago. Doctor seemed kind of against it. I felt it worked wonders for me. Thank you
Should not be hard: As long as you have no medical contraindications, it should not be difficult. Your doctor may not be familiar with its use. Bring his information about it and he may prescribe after knowing more about it. ...Read more
Both may & many othe: Zomig is a tryptan, which is in a group very commonly used to rx migraine, best taken as soon as feel it coming on (aura). Periactin is med used as an antihistamine for allergic skin reactions, but also migraine. Migraines r as unique as individual personalities; so it may take multiple trials of meds & rx; multiple attempts to find the triggers. Do this w a professional versed in rx headaches. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does wine have to do with parasites?
- Can you tell me what is astigmatism does it have anything to do with glaucoma?
- What does vitamin b2 have to do with autism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does the heart have to do with the muscular system?
- What does riboflavin have to do with autism?
- What does the respiratory system have to do with homeostasis?
- What does the amygdala have to do to with the adrenal?
- Talk to a general internist online for free