Doctor insights on:
What Does Costochondritis Mean
Inflammation: Costochondritis usually refers to an inflammation of the joint where the rib meets the sternum (breastbone). It manifests as chest wall pain and is typically treated with nsaids and rest. The key is having a doctor confirm the diagnosis and make sure they rule out other causes of chest pain. (cardiac, gerd, etc). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I was diagnosed with anxiety and costochondritis and done 2decho doppler, ecg, stress test, endoscopy all normal means its really anxiety?Nothong more?
Not life-threatening: Costochondritis is caused by inflammation of the cartilage of the chest wall. Symptoms include chest wall pain that is reproducible by touching the area on the chest. It also typically hurts to take a deep breath, cough, etc. Treatment with antiinflammatory medications like ibuprofen and heat to the area decreases symptoms until the inflammation resolves. See your doctor to confirm the diagnosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does cocaine cause costochondritis?
- Does costochondritis cause phlegm?
- What does probiotics mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does triganomia mean?
- Benign what does it mean
- What does melanoma mean?
- What does hemolyzed mean?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free