Doctor insights on:
What Does Cloudy Pee And Stinging Mean
Day after her GI decides 2 treat wi flagyl, 5yo has cloudy urine- compl of "sandy pee". 2nd void says "it stings". Will Flagyl cover UTI 2? Not startd
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
No: Clouded urine can occur simply from precipitation of salts in the urine as they hit the toilet water, or there can be infection, or other explanations. If you think you may have been exposed to hiv, strongly suggest you be tested asap. And in the future practice safe sex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infection, bleeding: Cloudy urine is caused by small particles that block the passage of light, the most innocuous cause would be the precipitation of amorphous salts, usually phosphates, this usually happens when the urine cools prior to testing. Serious causes such as infection, or bleeding need evaluation. A urinalysis and discussion with your doctor should clear this up. ...Read more
Many possibilities: It could be a transient occurrence from something you ate or drank, but more likely the prodrome (or telling finding) of a uti. If it does not clear up in 1-2 days, or other symptoms appear (especially back ache, headache, fever or burning on urination), it needs to be evaluated by a doctor. ...Read more
Dietary?: If your urine is just cloudy with no other symptoms then it is probably nothing to worry about. It could be something in your diet. Multivitamins, medications, and some foods are well known to change the color of urine. I would recommend a urine culture if it has yet to be done. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when you pee blood and your not on your period?
- What does it mean if it itches and hurts when i pee?
- Pain and difficulty urinating
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you have cloudy pee?
- What does it mean when i pee and afterwards wipe myself and light pink shows on toilet paper?
- Ive been peeing alot and my stomach hurts what does that mean
- What does it mean when your stomach hurts and you constantly have to go pee?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free