Doctor insights on:
What Does Cloud Eyes Mean On A Baby
My baby sleeps with his eyes halfway open and sometimes the eyes move back and forth, what does this mean?
Can happen with...: ...Infection, or narrowing of the tear duct (dacryostenosis) - your doctor can tell the difference. ...Read more
Depends: Babies eyes do not need to completely track together until around nine months of age. If the eye exam is otherwise normal, and your child is under 9 months of age, i would follow. If one eye is constantly looking in one direction, that is different, and the child should be seen. ...Read more
I'm not 100%: certain I understand what your describing but I think this is a disturbing finding and needs evaluated by a Dr. pronto. This sounds like something called nystagmus. It can be associated with some serious disorders and can also lead to visual disability. Please get this addressed. ...Read more
Could be important: Depends a lot on the age. For the first few weeks of life, it is common for the eyes to appear misaligned and "not track well" together. After a couple months, most babies will fixate well and the eyes track well together. Mention the symptom to your pediatrician, and see if a referral to an eye md or pediatric ophthalmologist is advisable. ...Read more
Maybe: Smaller babies rub their eyes and ears when tired and close to sleep time. Dryness of the skin around the eyes can be another reason why your child may itch her eyes. An of course environmental allergens are another common reason. Other symptoms you may see with environmental allergies are watery eyes, itchy nose, nasal congestion and sneezing (for older kids). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when the soft spot on a babys head is raised?
- What does a bulging head mean on a baby?
- What does it mean when my babys eyes a really watery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have a bruise on a babys spine?
- What does a brown spot on my white part of the eye mean?
- What does it mean to have a bad pain on my side by my ribs?
- What does a question mark mean on a first response digital pregnancy test?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free