Doctor insights on:
What Does Cloud Eyes Mean On A Baby
No: Over-the-counter eye drops are not formulated for babies. If your child has redness of the eyes, drainage, or other eye symptoms, call your doctor. It may be a bacterial infection, a virus, a blocked tear duct or allergy related, but your doctor can determine the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Same as for 2: Many babies will have a transient yellowing in the white of their eyes the first week after birth as their body learns to metabolize bilirubin. If this is what you are seeing & it is worsening, the baby needs to be evaluated. If your baby is older & the yellow is new, the baby needs to be seen to see what the problem is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Conception: There are minor environmental or other issues that have a small impact, but the information that defines what these shall be/look like is set at the time of conception. The DNA data that results when the parents information is passed will determine the what the final potential will be. If your question is when during pregnancy, be assured that all external features are finished by 12 wks. ...Read more
From childbirth: Often the pressure built up during the process of childbirth will cause small burst blood vessels in the white part of the eye in both the mother and the infant. This is totally benign and will resolve usually within a few weeks. If there is yellow discharge as well or crusting or it gets worse or doesn't clear, show your health care provider. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when the babys eyes is watery?
- What does a crust of yellow on a babies eyes mean?
- What does it mean when babies rub their eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when 9 month baby has crust in the eyes?
- What does it mean when babies have crust in their eyes?
- What does yellowing of the eyes mean?
- What does red eyes mean?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free