Doctor insights on:
What Does Cabg Stand For
The heart has 3 main arteries that supply its needed blood flow. When blockages in these arteries form then chest pain, shortness of breath, and heart attacks can occur. Coronary artery bypass is 1 method of treatment. Veins and arteries are used to go around the blockages. These are sewn in before and after the blockages in ...Read more
Yes: Very common still. However, coronary stent technology has reduced the number, especially for single-vessel disease. Research is constantly being done, though both procedures and doctors have a role. Rules vary by location, but a cardiac surgeon and heart surgery team is generally on call in case of a complication of stenting occurs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Same as CAD: CABG failure either means the grafts clotted off or else the grafts were not placed in the best area to bypass all the blockages, especially in patients with diffuse blockages where there may not have been a good place no matter what ... Symptoms are return of the angina, decreased exercise tolerance, fatigue, shortness of breath, lightheadedness, nausea, sweating, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ask around: Ask patients in the area who was good and ask your doctor where he would have his operation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does brca stand for?
- What does wcr bca stand for?
- What does brca1 and brca2 stand for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does tsh stand for in a blood test?
- What does bca stand for in medical charts?
- What does bun stand for on a blood test?
- What does itp stand for medical?
- Talk to a cardiologist online