Doctor insights on:
What Does Bun Creatinine Level Measure
Need numbers: It would help to have the actual numbers. The doctor who ordered these tests would be in a better position to advise as s/he knows your health status. ...Read more
Depends on drug: Many drugs are excreted by the kidneys and doses of those drugs need to be adjusted in people with elevated BUN/Cr. ...Read more
I have a high bun/ creatinine level (28) and a low creatinine level (0.5) . Should I be concerned or do something?
BUN/Creat Ratio: I personally would not worry about it since the high ratio is due to a slightly elevated BUN. This might be due to a diet high in non-essential amino acids (nothing to truly be concerned about) or a mild lack of water intake. If you are still concerned, please see your primary doctor and go over all of that with her/him. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sick patient: When a patient has ards, thje patient is very sick. Thus other organs can get damaged including the kidney. BUN and creatinine are makers of kidney injury and your doctors are going to monitor its function routinely. The electrolytes are also changing and need to be corrected routinely. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does bun and creatinine measure?
- What is a normal bun and creatinine level?
- What do high bun and creatinine levels mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does high bun and creatinine mean?
- What does elevated bun and creatinine mean?
- What does the bun creatinine ratio mean?
- What does bun creatinine ratio high mean?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free