Doctor insights on:
What Does Back Labor Feel Like
It happens by itself: True labor will happen by itself, at the right time when the baby is full term. Either the contractions will start up and get stronger and stronger, and closer and closer in time; or the woman will be seeing her ob-gyn for the regular appointment. The website has a full explanation: http://www.Babies.Sutterhealth.Org/laboranddelivery/labor/ld_lbr-begins.Html. ...Read more
It can take longer: Back labor is when the back of the baby's head enters the birth canal facing down towards the rectum of the mother and does not rotate and comes out facing upwards. That type of birth often takes longer in the "pushing phase"(2nd stage) of labor and can get "stuck" more often resulting in a cesarean section. ...Read more
See below: "back labor" refers to the pain and discomfort that laboring women experience in their lower back. Although most women will feel a degree of achiness or slight cramping in the back at some point during labor, about a quarter of all women report experiencing severe discomfort in the lower back that is most intense during contractions and often painful between contractions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not possible: 36 yo female queries difference between low back pain & "back labor", which might be lay term, but which is not a medical term or even a defined diagnostic disorder. Pregnant women have elevated secretion of an hormone, Relaxin, which loosens pelvic ligaments to prepare pelvus for ease of infant transit through birth canal. Major pelvic joints, sacroiliac joints, painfully sublux. See comments: ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a pinched nerve in back feel like?
- What does a pulled back muscle feel like?
- What does lower back pain feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a pinched nerve in the back feel like?
- What does a muscle spasm feel like in the back?
- What do true labor contractions feel like?
- What do contractions feel like in early labor?
- Back pain that feels like back labor