Doctor insights on:
What Does Asthma Do To The Respiratory System
Asthma is a disease of the lungs caused by chronic inflammation of the airways most often caused by allergies. This inflammation results in airway swelling and hyperactivity leading to difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, dry cough, etc. MIT is a diagnosis made by combining clinical ...Read more
Asthma will be prob.: The diving medical community is divided on the question of asthmatics diving. The uk, which has the most permissive guidelines, allows people with well-controlled asthma, who meet several additional criteria, to dive under certain circumstances. In australia, it is essentially forbidden for asthmatics to dive. You should consult a diving medicine specialist in your area for specific details. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have never had any respiratory issues before (also not as a child). is it possible for me to just suddenly develop asthma?
Indirectly...: Fractured rib can lead to shallow breathing due to pain which can lead to retained secretions. The retained secretions can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia. The bronchitis or pneumonia can lead to an asthma exacerbation that can result in respiratory failure. This would be a relatively rare but theoretically possible sequence of events prevented by deep breathing and secretion clearance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Allergist: A board certified allergist - for a list in your area see www.Aaaai.Org and click on find an allergist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does the respiratory system have to do with homeostasis?
- What does the bronchus do in the respiratory system?
- What does the respiratory system do for the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the major parts of the respiratory system and what does each part do?
- What does the heart have to do with the muscular system?
- What does homeostasis do in the respiratory system?
- What does each part do in the respiratory system?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free