Doctor insights on:
What Does An Enlarged Thyroid Look Like
Goiter: It means the gland is larger than normal. The most common cause of goiter worldwide is a lack of iodine in the diet. In the United States, where most people use iodized salt, goiter is more often due to the over- or underproduction of thyroid hormones or to nodules that develop in the gland itself. ...Read more
Enlarged thyroid with nodules, feels like I'm choking when lying down. Keeps getting bigger. What would shrink it?
See ENT/endocrine: Enlarging thyroid nodules may necessitate biopsy or surgical removal of part or all of the thyroid. In patients with hypothyroidism, levothyroxine may help reduce nodule size. Otolaryngologist (ENT) and some general surgeons perform thyroidectomy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can a neck MRI show thyroid nodules/cancer? Enlarged thyroid, upcoming routine MRI for ms... Could the test look at both issues?
Can hyperthyroidism cause vocal cord issues? Like they dry out or need breaks while talking and issues swallowing? Is this caused by enlarged thyroid?
Thyroid and voice: Hypothyroidism causes thickening of vocal cords and lower pitched voice, and hyperthyroidism to some extent the opposite. The hyperthyroidism can certainly cause some dehydration and hyperventilation, which can dry them out. The thyroid can sometimes interfere directly with the vocal cords, but usually not. It tends to grow out, not in. You need to get your thyroid fixed! ...Read more
Can enlarged thyroid cause tongue thrust like enlarged tonsils can? Everytime swallow my tongue puts so much pressure on my palate or teeth clench har
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does an enlarged thyroid look like in neck?
- What does an abnormal thyroid ultrasound look like?
- What does an ultrasound of a thyroid look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does an enlarged liver look like?
- What does an ovarian cyst look like on ultrasound?
- What does cancer look like on an mri?
- What does thyroid cancer look like on ultrasound?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online