Doctor insights on:
What Does An Elevated White Blood Cell Count Mean
Elevated White Count: It all depends on how elevated the results are, but in general this represents a concurrent bacterial infection. ...Read more
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Unlikely: An increased white count can occur for many reasons (eg, with infection, inflammation, stress response, etc). But just because your WBC is up and you happen to have HPV does not mean the two are related. For your HPV make sure that you are up to date with your gyn exams as this is the best way to prevent HPV related cancer of the cervix. ...Read more
What does it mean if a 6 y/o child has elevated white blood cell count and his inflammation marker is high?
Viral vs bacterial: Not too infrequently, children present with fever without clear source. We have utilized white cell count and inflammation markers, e.g., sed rate or CRP to distinguish viral vs bacterial infection. Elevated white blood cell and high inflammation marker suggest the likelihood of bacterial infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: A person with a healthy immune system should not be infected by this type of a problem, and thus it should not result in an increased wbc. ...Read more
Sinusitis: Yes they can cause a rise in your white count. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a slightly elevated white blood cell count mean?
- What does it mean to have an elevated white blood cell count?
- What does elevated white blood count mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does white blood cell count mean?
- What does an elevated red blood cell count mean?
- What does elevated white blood cells in urine mean?
- What is elevated white blood cell count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free