Doctor insights on:
What Does An Abnormal Ecg Look Like
Electrocardiogram (ecg, ekg) is a print-out of the electrical forces detected by electrodes on the chest wall, as electricity travels through the heart with each heart beat. The electrodes are placed in different positions, and each position "sees" the electrical activity of the heart from its own vantage point. Abnormalities in signal detected at chest surface ...Read more
My ECG today showed pointed and long P waves and paramedics told me it was abnormal what would cause the P waves to be like this :(?
"p" ...?: Did the paramedics say "p" as in "papa" or "t" as in "tango"? Abnormal p waves can indicate an atrial abnormality, but the echo you list is far more accurate. Tall or "tented" T waves can be normal but can indicate elevated potassium. "Long" T waves (I suspect we'd call them "flat") are a non-specific change; abnormal but not diagnostic of anything. Hyperventilation (anxiety) can do it. ...Read more
I feel pressure in my chest, did an ecg test the the results came abnormal, had and echocardiogram test as well and everything looked okay...I have slight coughs now...what could this be pls?
I had a pre-surgical ecg. The result is like : normal sinus rhythm
left axis deviation
what does it mean?
Axis: The preponderance of electrical activity of your heart is directed to the left of your body. This may mean your left ventricle is thickened (hypertrophy), or may be caused by a minor conduction delay (left anterior hemiblock). Neither of these are very serious, and will probably not delay your surgery. Ask your doc about your ekg findings. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does an abnormal thyroid ultrasound look like?
- What does an abnormal transvaginal ultrasound look like?
- What does an enlarged abnormal thyroid gland look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does an abnormal ultrasound look like?
- What does an abnormal vaginal ultrasound look like?
- What does an abnormal baby in ultrasound look like?
- What does an ecg of right bundle branch block look like?
- Talk to a cardiologist online