Doctor insights on:
What Does Alcohol Intolerance Mean
"Alcohol allergy": Alcohol intolerance involves the body's inability to break down alcohol. It is not an allergy but nasal congestion & skin flushing are seen commonly right after drinking alcohol. Believed to be a genetic condition in which body cannot break down alcohol. More common in asian population. You can be intolerant to alcohol also if you take Antabuse since drug prevents body from breaking down alcohol. ...Read more
Genes/Meds/Religion: Alcohol is metabolized by alcohol dehydrogenase. This enzyme is found in all humans but varies depending on sex and race. People with low levels - young females and those of asian descent may have typical red flush when drinking. Medication interactions are another important reason for intolerance. However, in the western world religion is probably the leading cause of alcohol intolerance. ...Read more
Not for that.: Alcohol intolerance is not uncommon in cancers special of lymphatic disease. It is really alcohol attacks, although the cause is not well understood and it can have a variety of non-related painful symptoms and signs. Alcohol attacks are only painful or else and you should avoid alcohol altoghter. As far as i know the alcohol intolerance does not affect the cure of hodgkin's lymphoma. ...Read more
If you choked: If you choked on a drink, yes. Otherwise probably not. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does food intolerance mean?
- What does throwing up alcohol mean?
- What does a cpk of 240 mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your period blood is brown?
- What does it mean your period starts then stops?
- What does it mean when blood comes out your penis?
- What does it mean if your poop is yellow and runny?
- What does it mean when you shake uncontrollably after drinking alcohol?