Doctor insights on:
What Does A Yellow Discharge Mean
Discharge can be a noun or a verb; it has multiple meanings in physics, chemistry, military, and legal usage. The most common medical meaning is a substance that is being excreted. Examples: pus is the discharge from a pimple; a vaginal discharge can mean infection; an ear discharge can mean an infection of the outer ear tract; a nasal discharge ...Read more
Many possibilities: Does not sound like a serious problem but if it is annoying and persists, exam is appropriate. ...Read more
Female or male?: If female - very light to white discharge might be related to leukorrhea. Leukorrhea is normal vaginal discharge (d/c). D/c is composed of cellular debris, vaginal secretions ; bacteria ; is stimulated by ^ vaginal blood flow ; ^ estrogen. D/c ^ is seen w ovulation (clear/stretchy), clear/watery or white d/c both occur during menstrual cycle.; pregnancy (white/ milky). It can be thin or thick ;. ...Read more
Check for STDs: Any new or abnormal vaginal discharge needs professional evaluation. Colored discharge (yellow, greenish, etc) suggests infection. At your age (18) STDs, (esp. gonorrhea, chlamydia) are the main concern, assuming you are sexually active -- and apparently these are on your mind, given the topic tags you chose. See a doctor or clinic ASAP. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if you have a yellow discharge?
- What does it mean when you have a yellow discharge?
- What does a sticky white discharge mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you have a constant brown discharge?
- What does a white milky discharge mean?
- What does yellow discharge mean during pregnancy?
- What does it mean when you have brown discharge 2 weeks in a row?
- I have a yellow discharge what does that mean