Doctor insights on:
What Does A Swollen Testicle Mean
The testicles are the two oval male gonads, or reproductive glands, located in the scrotum. The seminiferous tubules of the testis are the site of spermatogenesis and its leydig cells secrete testosterone. The term testicles is synonymous with testes or gonads. The singular form is ...Read more
Testicle : Teticular swelling. See your physician if it's painful and tender to touch. ...Read more
Several causes.: Swelling of the testicles can be caused by infection or by the appearance of cancer. Swelling of the scrotum, which houses the testicles, is much more common. Fluid can build up around the testicle, such as in a hydrocele or spermatocele. Dilated blood vessels called varicoceles can also enlarge the scrotum. If you have this problem, please see your physician or urologist for an examination. ...Read more
Hydrocele or hernia: Swollen testicles in an infant is most likely from one of two conditions. Most common reason is hydrocele--fluid around the testicles. It could also be from a inguinal hernia. The infant should be seen by a pediatrican to confrim the diagnosis. Also important to make sure it is not painful and no discoloration of skin over it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a enlarged testicle mean?
- What does it mean when left testicle hurts?
- What does it mean if your testicle hurts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a lump on your testicle mean?
- What does it mean if my left testicle hurts?
- What does swollen ankles mean?
- What does a swollen thyroid mean?
- Talk to a urologist online for free