Doctor insights on:
What Does A Sprained Finger Look Like
4-6 weeks: A very bad sprained finger can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. If your finger still hurts a lot after 2 weeks, go see your doc to check for possible stress fracture. Each week you should feel better, be able to move your finger more. If your finger stops improving or gets worse, you should see your doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many signs...: A sprain injury can result in redness, bruising, swelling, pain, and possibly instability of the involved area. An x-ray will be able to assist in differentiating a sprain form a fracture. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Ice and early motion: It is important to find out if the finger is sprained and not broken. The only way to know for sure is to get an x-ray. Once a fracture is ruled out, an early protected range of motion exercises can begin. Finger joints can get stuff quickly, so it is important to get them moving as soon as possible. Talk to a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and/or an occupational therapist for treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a wart look like on a finger?
- What does a fractured finger look like?
- What does a sprained thumb look like?
- What does a broken finger look like?
- What does a wart on your finger look like?
- What does a sprained foot look like?
- What does a finger wart look like?
- What does a hymen look like?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free