Doctor insights on:
What Does A Sickle Cell Leg Ulcer Actually Look Like
Ankle ulcer: Sickle cell ulcers most often occur on the inside of the ankle, or just above the ankle. There are similarities in appearance to venous stasis ulcers and venous insufficiency was even suspected in sickle cell patients. Venous insufficiency was found not to be causing ulcers in sickle cell patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This is a genetic disorder in which hemoglobin is abnormally made., more common in people of african descent. This abnormality causes red blood cells to become stiff and fall apart. This can cause very specific symptoms: pain, pneumonias, strokes, spleen problems, and many other problems. Some have mild disease, some ...Read more
LIKE ANUY ULCER: As any ulcer.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a leg ulcer look like due to sickle cell?
- What does the start of a diabetic foot ulcers actually look like?
- What does a leg ulcer look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does ulcers on feet look like?
- What does a herpes ulcer look like?
- What does a stomach ulcer look like?
- What does a diabetic foot ulcer look like?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free