Doctor insights on:
What Does A Q Wave Mean On An Ekg
Electrocardiogram (ecg, ekg) is a print-out of the electrical forces detected by electrodes on the chest wall, as electricity travels through the heart with each heart beat. The electrodes are placed in different positions, and each position "sees" the electrical activity of the heart from its own vantage point. Abnormalities in signal detected at chest surface ...Read more
My dad had a MI 3mths later on ECG the report said inferolateral st sagging and 'surprisingly no q wave' what does this mean?
Cardiology.Wat relarevance dose a Q Wave have on lead 3 of an EKG.Where dose intrascapula fit is this part of another condition? and affects the heart
None.: It is not uncommon for young adults to have Q waves. These are normal and are the first activation of the bottom of the heart, between the main pumping chambers, called the interventricular septum. After that, it splits into Left and Right sides but that first Q wave is picked up as the initial beat of the ventricles before spreading out into the main heart muscles that make the main Signal. ...Read more
Probably not: By definition, a "significant" q wave must be > than 40 msec in duration or > than 25-33% (depends on the reference) of the r wave height. Even by that criteria, many electrocardigraphically significant q waves are seen in people with normal cardiac echo's and mri's. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Low Potassium: Flat t waves can indicate that you are low in potassium (k) or that you are experiencing some ischemia (lack of oxygen) to your heart. Was this a routine ekg? Or was it a stress test? Depending on the answer, your doctor may want some more tests to evaluate blood flow to the heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a wide q wave mean on ekg?
- What does a q wave mean on a ekg?
- What does it mean to wake up with an extremely dry throat on a regular basis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when i have an irregular ekg reading during a sleep study?
- What does a fib look like on an ekg?
- What does an equal sign on a pregnancy test mean?
- Are q and t waves inversion on ekg an indication of a past heart attack?
- Talk to a cardiologist online