Doctor insights on:
What Does A Positive Ig G Antibody Mean
You R protected: A positive rubella titer means your body has developed a protective level of antibodies to the rubella virus. You either had rubella or had an immunization.To a woman it means you will not need to worry during pregnancy that your fetus will suffer the devastating effects of rubella. That virus can cause miscarriage, organ damage, blindness & deafness if it strikes during pregnancy. ...Read more
What does it mean that my rubella IgG antibody is reactive? And my rubeola and mumps antibodies are positive?
What is the average window period for the Herpes IGg antibody test? What would the likelihood be of being positive when someone tests negative for both 1 types 17 weeks after possible exposure?
Not to worry.: VZV is varicella zoster virus. IgG is the class of antibodies which cause long-standing immunity. Your result shows you are immune. 1 in 4 adults will get reactivation of the virus, called shingles. Testing for IgM antibodies is most important in pregnancy if IgG neg; if IgM is positive, she has chickenpox with risk of fetal infection, which may cause severe damage before 20 weeks gestation.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Igg shows if you have ever had, and once igg is positive it will remain so for life. Igm shows up in first week or two after initial infection, & only shows that recent infection has occurred, & then igm diminishes. If igg is positive the virus might be dormant, or it might be activating, there is no way to know except if sores develop. Sores would indicate that the virus is activating again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a positive rubella test and igg test mean when you are pregnant?
- What does rubella igg antibodies positive mean?
- What does a positive mumps igg mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to test positive for the igg antibody to rubella virus?
- What does a positive igg test mean?
- What does a positive antinuclear antibody mean?
- What does rubella igg positive mean?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free