Doctor insights on:
What Does A Pilonidal Cyst Look Like
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Cyst on tailbone: A pilonidal cyst is a cyst that develops in the midline of the tailbone near the cleft of the buttocks. The most accepted theory for the cause of these cysts is the blockage of hair follicles in the skin of the area which creates "pits" in the cleft of the buttocks. As the follicles become clogged with hair and skin debris, cyst formation occurs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See doctor: Pilonidal cyst can often be managed with local care- shaving hair in the area, occasional antibiotics if redness and swelling occur. Cysts with relatively few symptoms can "burn out" by age 40 or so; it is rare to see folks over 40 with pilonidal cyst symptoms! however, your doctor can help you determine what treatment is most appropriate for your situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does cyst look like?
- What does a cyst on ovary look like?
- What does a skin cyst look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a cyst look like on a ultrasound?
- What does a 3 inch cyst look like?
- What does a dermoid cyst look like?
- What does a ovarian cyst 8cm look like?
- Talk to a dermatologist online