Doctor insights on:
What Does A Passed Kidney Stone Look Like
depends: Kidney stones have various composition. The color of the stone, which is quite small and irregular in shape, can be brownish, yellowish and rarely white. Some have integrated blood and are reddish. Always a good idea to collect the stone and give it to your doctor for analysis to help with prevention of another. ...Read more
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Gross Exam: The stuck stone can look brownish due to old blood or clot coating its surface in the area where it is lodged, but on scrubbing, it looks light tan with powdery surface and may have glistening inner core. They are mostly calcium carbonate or oxalate in chemical composition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Here are some ...: While a kidney stone passing and reaching the very end of the ureter, the patient may alter how s/he urinates and thereby feel some degree of urinary hesitancy. Besides, superimposed infection with cystitis may induce urinary urgency and frequency. Otherwise, kidney stone alone will not affect how you urinate. More? Ask Urologist timely in detail. ...Read more
How long after surgey should it take for kidney stone to pass. I feel like my kidney is swollen still?
Yes: Especially if there is calcification in the stool ball. It will appear bright white on Xray, just like a kidney stone. Hope this helps! ...Read more
Passing kidney stone: Relief, up until that point they can be very 'uncomfortable'. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a stent for kidney stones look like?
- What does a 8 cm kidney stone look like?
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone in men?
- What does a 5 mm kidney stone look like?
- What does a kidney stone look like on ultrasound?
- What does a 4mm kidney stone look like?
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone?
- What does a kidney stone stent look like?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free