Doctor insights on:
What Does A Palpable Thyroid Mean
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a swollen thyroid mean?
- What does high thyroid mean?
- What does an enlarged thyroid mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a bumpy thyroid mean?
- What does a nodule on the thyroid mean?
- Borderline thyroid
- Palpable thyroid gland
- What does palpable solid thyroid nodule mean?