Doctor insights on:
What Does A Normal Trans Vaginal Ultrasound Look Like
The sonogram is a test that looks at body organs with no radiation. It uses sound waves and can give us a 2 dimensional view of organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs. It can define spaces that are either solid or full of fluid. I can also guide large needles into an organ or near the spine, and can help define the area being cut open. Its a ...Read more
What is the next step for pelvic pain when your blood, urine, and trans-vaginal ultrasound all come back normal? Have had pain for 2.5 weeks now.
Normal: It is not uncommon to have cramps after a transvaginal US or pelvic exam, since a foreign body - ultrasound probe or gloved hand often causes release of prostaglandins leading to uterine cramping. Try taking ibuprofen or naproxen for symptoms, then night before and morning of procedure next time to reduce symptoms. ...Read more
Not usually: If vaginal intercourse is not painful then neither should a trans-vaginal sono. If there is an infection of your tubes or a large ovarian cyst then application of pressure with the probe over the areas of concern may cause some degree of discomfort (what we doctors call pain). ...Read more
Try not to freak out: Tvu is a well lubricated probe, much smaller, smoother ; easier to insert than a gynecologic speculum. It will slide in very easily ; provide optimal ultrasound visualization of your pelvic organs. Please try ; relax, it isn't nearly as bad as you might think. ...Read more
Fm 49, could thickness of endometrium be found accurately by external ultrasound, not trans-vaginal. Thanks?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a normal vaginal ultrasound look like?
- What does a trans vaginal ultrasound shoiwing cancer look like?
- What does a normal vaginal discharge after childbirth look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a normal uterine ultrasound look like?
- What does a normal thyroid ultrasound look like?
- What does a normal kidney ultrasound look like?
- What does a normal ultrasound look like?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free