Doctor insights on:
What Does A Low White Count Mean
What does low white blood cell count mean? 60 y/o female. Finished chemo & radiation for stage 3 bc one year ago.
Effect on marrow: One of the problems of chemo is that it not only destroys the dna of the tumor cell but of the cells in the marrow reducing the wbc. This is exaggerated following rt. When the WBC gets too low drugs like gcs must be used to bring the count up over 4000, the normal being around 7000 -8000. ...Read more
Maybe nothing: Low white counts are seen in up to 15% of some populations. Thus, it may have no clinical importance. It needs to be evaluated in context with the entire clinical picture. ...Read more
Depends on symptoms.: No lab test can be considered alone, without taking into account what's going on with the patient! What are your symptoms? Was the test done only once, or did you have a low count on several occasions. Please ask again and clarify! There's a 150 character limit for your question, inc. spaces and punctuation, so keep it brief but complete. ...Read more
Complement : Both c3 and c4 are components of a multi-protein system involved in immune response. Both components being low means complement system is active and being consumed in the formation of immune complexes, generally not a good thing. Please discuss the matter with your doctor in the full context of your health and any medical conditions that you may have. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does low white blood count mean in children?
- What does having low white blood cell count mean?
- White blood cell count is low what does that mean
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low white blood cell count what does it mean
- What does a low white blood cell count mean?
- What does low white blood cell count mean in children?
- Slightly low white blood count what does it mean
- What does a low white blood count mean?