Doctor insights on:
What Does A Low Diastolic Blood Pressure Mean
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Not many: Not many and not that important. Most common reason would be aortic insufficiency (leaky aortic valve). Other than that, there are artifacts (errors) taking the blood pressure in someone with rigid arteries that will make diastolic BP artificially low. True diastolic low BP (not related to leaky valve) requires NO treatment ...Read more
Wide pulse pressure: When systolic and diastolic are very far apart in the absence of obvious illness, your physician may look for a reason. This can be anything from unrecognized paget's of the bone, hyperthyroidism, aortic valve regurgitation, or just being excited over having your blood presure taken. For now, suggest you follow it closely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it okay to have high systolic blood pressure and low diastolic blood pressure? Is that anything bad?
Vascular health....: Generally seen with hardening of arteries, a wide pulse pressure is an insight into disease of the vascular system. It is associated with an increase in risk of heart attack and stroke. Lowering the systolic bp, statins, aspirin, diabetes control, smoking cessation, healthy diet and exercise all play a part in decreasing the risk. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a low diastolic pressure mean?
- What does it mean to have low blood pressure it sounds like a bad thing to have?
- What does a low systolic blood pressure mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does low globulin mean in a blood test?
- What does low neutrophils mean in a blood test?
- What does low lymphocytes mean in a blood test?
- What does it mean if a diastolic pressure is higher than the systolic pressure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online