Doctor insights on:
What Does A Leg Ulcer Look Like
LIKE ANUY ULCER: As any ulcer.Get a more detailed answer ›
Ankle ulcer: Sickle cell ulcers most often occur on the inside of the ankle, or just above the ankle. There are similarities in appearance to venous stasis ulcers and venous insufficiency was even suspected in sickle cell patients. Venous insufficiency was found not to be causing ulcers in sickle cell patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No. Factors which determine if you will lose your leg are, 1) how good / bad the circulation is, or 2) whether you have a deep wound infection which will not clear with just antibiotics alone. Showering and keeping wounds clean does help prevent infections. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Sometimes there is an isolated incompetent venous perforator vein under an ulcer. It may have been there for years and in retrospect the patient may remember pain in the area after exercise. When the skin above it can no longer compensate for the increased pressure, an ulcer can form. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Infections: The outcomes for an untreated ulcer can be severe. You can develop a local infection. This can spread to the bone as well as into the blood which can cause you to become septic with high fevers and illness which can be life threatening. Also the cause is important. If it is due to PAD this can result in an amputation. It is very important to see your physician as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See vein specialist: Leg ulcers are often caused by chronic venous insufficiency which is a problem that causes to much pressure to be in the veins near the skin. A venous specialist can diagnose and treat this condition. Our cure rate with venous ulcers is 97%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a sickle cell leg ulcer actually look like?
- What does a leg ulcer look like due to sickle cell?
- What does a blood clot in leg look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a foot ulcer look like when it starts?
- What does the start of a diabetic foot ulcers actually look like?
- What does a blood clot in your leg look like?
- What does the start of a diabetic foot ulcer look like?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free