Doctor insights on:
What Does A Kidney Stone Feel Like For Women
Very painful: Passing stone through the ureter causes an intense colicky pain in both men and women. Some women have commented that the pain of passing kidney stone was worse than labor pains. ...Read more
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Same: The pluming sytem and symptoms are same. ...Read more
Here's some: The need for stent or catheter is to secure urine drainage and concern about possible blockage by stone or clot, which is decided by the surgeon's judgement. Most of times stent or catheter is needed for days or weeks, depending on if you need the second entry to complete the works for all stone-related procedures. Ask Doc for individual details timely. ...Read more
Could do: Fair sizeed kidney stone can certainly sctratch your urethra when passed coincident with urination. Should settle down rapidly. Symptoms can often be relieved by a warm sitz path. Hope you have had a kidney stone work up, avoid dehydration, drink lots of water on a daily basis & reduce salt in your diet. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes: Unless the woman is in pain. In which case she should wait until she is pain free. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does kidney stones feel like for women?
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like for a woman?
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone for a woman?
- What does a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does a stent for kidney stones look like?
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone in men?
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free