Doctor insights on:
What Does A Fractured Thumb Look Like
X-Ray, scan, or MRI: Usually a simple x-ray will give you the answer. Sometimes, especially soon after the injury, the x-ray will initially appear to be normal even though there is a fracture. Your physician if still suspecting a fracture may recommend an mri, or bone scan. Suspicion of fracture goes up with amount of pain and soft tissue bleeding, site of maximum pain, and findings of indirect pain on examination. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My thumb swells up from taking notes in class or barely bumping then hurts to where I can't move it fractured growth plate 4 years ago is that why?
Possible: If that was the same side as the injury, it could absolutely have something to do with your current symptoms. Since it is causing problems, see a hand surgeon for a consultation. There may be some physical or occupational therapy that could help, but you want to make sure there's nothing wrong that requires an operation as well. Hope this helps! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a sprained thumb look like?
- What does a fractured wrist look like?
- What does a hairline fracture look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a fractured foot look like?
- What does a colles fracture look like?
- What does a hymen look like?
- What does a boil on the vagina look like?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free