Doctor insights on:
What Does A Fractured Finger Look Like
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Plan to x-ray : If there is no obvious deformity/ severe bleeding then start with rest, ice, compression, & elevation. You may splint the area, and take an otc antiinflammatory/ pain reliever if you don't have any contraindicated medical conditions. You should plan to have an x-ray in the next few days to make sure there are no fractures that will heal incorrectly. If there is obvious deformity = urgent care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: A fractured finger needs to be evaluated by a doctor with experience with these kinds of injuries. Some seemingly innocent finger fractures can have long-lasting negative results. If it is truly minor, a simple finger splint may be appropriate or even just buddy taping the finger to an uninjured neighbor. ...Read more
Xray and specialist: Make sure to get an xray and find out which bone is fractured. Also see a hand or orthopedic specialist to see if it needs a splint or surgery. Hopefully it is a minor fracture and will heal with time. Its important to get it treated because finger fracture even if they heal can become very stiff. Therapy may be needed. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a fractured foot look like?
- What does a fractured thumb look like?
- What does a fractured ankle look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a fractured wrist look like?
- What does arthritis of the fingers look like?
- What does arthritis look like in fingers?
- What does inflammatory diseases in the fingers look like?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free