Doctor insights on:
What Does A Doctor Do During A Contact Lens Fitting
Fitting: A contact fitting includes instruction or review of proper insertion, removal, cleaning, storage and replacement intervals; a measurement of the curvature of the cornea; review of the visual expectations and how the contacts will meet these; selection of the initial contact lens parameters and finally adjustment of contact lens fit and power to meet the patient's goals. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not recommended: I would not recommend this. Your eyes are so precious, why would you want to take a chance on them? Make sure you get the right kind for your eyes. Make sure there is nothing wrong with them too. Save up a little more and get them fitted the right way. Your eyes are worth it! ...Read more
Likely: Even though it is illegal to dispense contact lenses without a prescription in the United States, I have had many patients who were able to obtain them through the internet without a prescription. I do not recommend this practice. There is a reason contact lenses require a prescription: they provide a risk to your eyes. ...Read more
To some degree: If your glasses prescription is known, your contact prescription should be as well. If the eye doctor just looks at the glasses with his/her naked eye, he/she may get a rough idea of your prescription. If they look at the glasses with a lens meter, he/she will know the glasses' exact prescription, and have a good idea of the contact prescription based on that. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Will the eye doctor give me a contact lens prescription if it's my first time wearing a corrective lense?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Rigid gas permeable contact lenses fitting
- What does a contact lens prescription mean?
- What does power mean in contact lenses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are scleral contact lenses?
- What does the doctor do during a colonoscopy and what is he looking for?
- Will i need to get a contact lens fitting every time my prescription changes
- What are the side effects of contact lenses?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free