Doctor insights on:
What Does A Ct Scan Involve
Ct uses xrays taken an 360 degrees combined with a computer to see"inside" the body. The table moves as the xray tube and detectors spin around the patient 10 times a second or more! the image shows excellent soft tissue detail, enhanced with injection of intravenous contrast or oral contrast. This way the body is shown in slices, in any plane, usually axially, but ...Read more
Sectional: Anatomy, planar relationships. U/s are2-dimensions, ct's slices can be quite thin in head to toe direction, as well as 'seeing' front to back and right to left. U/s may define size, characteristic of solid, cystic or mixed, but also can be very operator dependent too, and hard to reproduce. ...Read more
Depends on contrast: A ct of head with no contrast feels like nothing. It will take about 15-20 sec if that. If one would need contrast then an IV would need to be started and then a non contrast ct done then the contrast one done. The contrast may cause flushing or warmth. Certain allergies may restrict you from getting this as well as kidney disorders. ...Read more
Ct scan uses data from a beam of xrays and reconstructs a cross sectional image of your body. It is a high dose of xrays and used only when the benefits outweigh the risk. Cancer risk is 1 in 500 in children. Also using iodinated contrast might cause transient renal failure in about 5% of patients. (contrast induced nepropathy) most do not explain this to the patient as ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a abdominal ct scan show?
- What does a ct scan with contrast show?
- What does an abdominal ct scan show?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a ct scan of the head show?
- What does ct scan of head show?
- What does a ct scan of the stomach show?
- What does a ct scan show in a abdominal scan?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free