Doctor insights on:
What Does A Contact Lens Diameter Measure
My contact lens diameter is 14.5. Does it matter if I purchase contacts with a diameter of 14.4 or 14.6?
Not usually: The difference is negligible. You must check that the base curve (bc) and power are the same. ...Read more
My contact lens diameter is 14.5. Does it matter if i buy new contact lenses with a diameter of 14 if everything is the same (power, bc, etc)?
Probably not: It should not make a big difference but the diameter of a lens can change the fit. In general, you should stick to the lenses prescribed by your eye doctor. If you want to change lenses for whatever reason, it is best to see your doctor and get a new prescription to make sure that it is safe for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does power mean in contact lenses?
- What are scleral contact lenses?
- What does a doctor do during a contact lens fitting?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does hematocrit measure?
- Contact lens
- What type of contact lenses are best for your eyes?
- What is the most recommended contact lens for allergic eyes?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free