Doctor insights on:
What Does A Burning Sensation In Your Stomach Mean
Heartburn vs ulcer: Think of burning stomach pain along a scale w/ulcers at one end and heartburn or simple gastritis at the other. These symptoms can be caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd) or loosening of lower esophageal sphincter, allowing stomach acid into esophagus. Medications can lower acid level. Losing weight can decrease abdominal pressure. Remaining upright or elevated head of bed can help. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
A burning sensation can be descriptive of nerve pain, some variations of migraine, and even central brain problems after a stroke. Have heard this said associated with phantom limb syndrome, reflex sympatheric dystrophy, and trigeminal neuralgia. Other patients might say ...Read more
What does it mean if i can feel a hurting, burning sensation from my stomach when skipping dinner the day before?
Possible PUD?: There are a lot of possibilities, but your description of burning stomach pain raises the probability of gastritis ; ulcers. Stop any non-prescribed nsaid's (aspiriin, advil, aleve, motrin, etc.) ; start an otc acid reducer (like Prilosec otc, Prevacid 24hr). Seek emergency care if lightheaded, worsening symptoms, vomiting coffee ground material or passing black stool or blood. Your doc can help. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have a burning sensation near left side of abdomen when I lay down and stress too, what does it mean?
I get a really painful burning sensation in my upper stomach constantly every day about 2-5 times a day even when I haven't eaten yet I am only 21, y?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a burning sensation in your leg mean?
- What does it mean when you get a heartbeat sensation in your stomach?
- What does a burning sensation in the stomach mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a burning sensation in my ankle mean?
- What does it mean if you feel a heartbeat in your stomach?
- What does a tingling sensation in your arm mean?
- What does burning in your stomach mean?
- Talk to a neurologist online