Doctor insights on:
What Does A Blood Clot In Your Leg Look Like
nothing: It does not look like anything unless it is a hematoma. ...Read more
What are blood clots and how do you know if you have them in your legs? Do they look like bruises ? Can you get them from bc pills
Blood clots legs: Deep venous thrombosis (DVT) are blood clots in the deep venous system of the legs, usually lower legs. Leg with DVT may be swollen, red, painful or there may be no symptoms at all. Risk factors include sitting/immobility for a long time, blood clotting disorder, pregnancy/birth control pills, smoking, being overweight, and many others. If you think you have dvt, go to emergency room right away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need testing: The only way to know if you have a blood clot is to get testing by a doctor. The two most common test is a venous ultrasound of the legs or a blood test called a D-dimer test. You would need one of these to assess. Although some patients with blood clots have leg symptosm of pain & swelling, many have no immediate symptoms at all & so can be dangerous (can embolize to lungs or delayed symptoms). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Usually constant: Pain is usually localised to the area related to the clot.Usually constant pain, but may vary from patient to patient as pain thresholds are variable. ...Read more
Pain and swelling: Commonly, blood clots cause pain and swelling but sometimes they will only cause one or the other. Occasionally, they cause no symptoms. Ultrasound is the only way to know for sure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a blood clot feel like in your lower leg?
- What does a blood clot in the arm look like?
- What does a blood clot feel like in the leg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a blood clot feel like in your arm?
- What does a blood clot in leg feel like?
- What does a blood clot in your lung feel like?
- What does blood clot in leg look like?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free