Doctor insights on:
What Does A Blood Clot In Leg Feel Like
Like a cramp: A blood clot on the leg, usually presents as a painful cramp in the calve. Some are symptoms are typically swelling and discoloration of the extremity. The laster two definitely tell you that a vinous doppler would be in order ASAP. A blood clot in the leg can dislodge and travel to the lungs as a pulmonary embolism and this can be life threatening. ...Read more
It Varies: Sometimes a blood clot has no symptoms. But common symptoms are swelling in the legs, pain in the calf, heaviness in the leg. If the clot travels to your lung, you can have shortness of breath, a fast heart beat, chest pain, heaviness in the chest and this is an emergency. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ultrasound: 1. History and physical exam. If your history and examination are suspicious that it might be a dvt, then you need a 2. D-dimer. A blood test is done. If it is very low, you don't have a dvt. If it is high you might have a DVT and you need an 3. Ultrasound scan. This is the gold standard test. The ultimate way to check for a DVT is ultrasound. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a blood clot feel like in the leg?
- What does blood clot pain in leg feel like?
- What does a blood clot in my leg feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a blot clot in the leg feel like?
- What do blood clots in the legs feel like?
- What does a blood clot look and feel like?
- What does a blood clot in lung feel like?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free