Doctor insights on:
What Does A Abnormal Thyroid Look Like
Hi my TSH 3rd generation result is 100. I have always been overweight and have recently gained a little bit of weight. Have irregular periods and recently there has been issue of constipation.
It seems I would fall into the category of hypo-thyroidism.
I'm not sure what: ..units are being used to measure your TSH level, but 100??? In the USA, the standard value that labs use to measure TSH is microunits/ml and normal values range from 0.4 to 4.0 microunits/ml. If you're TSH is 100 mcu/ml, then definitely something's wrong with your thyroid or the hormones regulating it. This test result requires follow up and either clarification or treatment. ...Read more
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does an abnormal incision look like?
- What does a abnormal ekg look like?
- What does abnormal ovaries look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does an abnormal mammogram look like?
- What does an abnormal ecg look like?
- What does an abnormal baby in ultrasound look like?
- What does an abnormal vaginal ultrasound look like?
- What does an abnormal thyroid ultrasound look like?